Friday, May 25, 2007

A Little Perspective


Team West Indies!!
In April of this year, my co-workers and I journeyed to Panama for our companies annual convention. It was the coming together of the entire Central America and Caribbean Team, and it was an absolutely fabulous experience. The only thing that in a sense 'stole' my thunder and caused me to be a bit 'sober' at times was the awareness that after having gone all out for the convention, our company had huge, HUGE expectations of us for the next twelve months. In fact those huge expectations were to the tune of a 35% increase in sales. This in a sense caused me to be very 'wary' as in my mind there was this consciousness of the huge responsibility that I had. But you know what...these are the the lessons I took from the experience:


  1. There are no substitutes for hard work

  2. Hard work usually bears good fruit

  3. Hard work always has its rewards

  4. A job is a fair exchange....I do my job well...I get compensated...that's it!

  5. When rewarded for work well done enjoy the reward in whatever form it comes

  6. Never, NEVER be afraid of expectations or increased responsibility....they challenge you to reach higher heights and to avoid complacence

Sometimes I think we all need a little reminder about this, so that we can put out our best efforts in anticipation of the rewards that await us. Ofcourse we must always be careful to ensure that our greatest motivation is doing the will of God and bringing pleasure to him even when we are on our jobs, because this too is an area in our lives which can honour and glorify him.

No comments: